1) Tea Party candidates. We heard way too much about their personalities and not nearly enough about their policies because they didnt have any policies to speak of, except a general anti-government bias. Yet they still wanted to be part of the government. Who were the bigger fools: the Tea Party candidates, the media that covered their every fart and sneeze, or the idiots who voted for them?
2) Financial reform will protect you from evil banks. Wrong. You have no protection from evil banks. Who do you think runs this country, anyway?
3) Healthcare Reform will make your healthcare costs skyrocket. Its not the reform bill thats doing that; its the delay in implementing it thats given insurance companies the permission to jack up premiums now, before the law takes effect.
4) Dont Ask, Dont Tell is still in force in the US military. In fact, the courts issued an injunction on the enforcement of Dont Ask, Dont Tell this summer, and the military has largely given up on it. Yet Congress cant pass a bill to repeal it. Its the policy that died a secret death. Kind of ironic, dont you think?
5) Taxpayers are making money on the bank bailouts. Not when the government is still pouring money into Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, and GMAC. Oh, and GM still hasnt paid back its bailout money, but it nevertheless went ahead and bought a subprime loan company to take the place of GMAC. Business as usual in the corporate welfare state.
6) Ban on deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. It was announced by Obama right after the BP oil spill in April, but his underlings in the Interior Department didnt get the memo. Approvals for drilling permits went on as usual all throughout the summer until the ban was officially lifted several weeks early.
7) Airport body scans are confidential, and pat-downs are making airline flights safer. With the posting of thousands of body scans on the Internet straight from a federal courthouse scanner in Florida, the confidential claim was proved ridiculous. And with only a few airports using the new body scanners and pat-downs, any claim that these screenings are making us safer is an outright lie.
8) Iranian nukes and North Korean attacks. Both are natural consequences of our aggressive, expansionist foreign policy. If theyre really such big problems, why dont we do something about it, for example: sideline Hillary Clinton, hamstring the CIA, and bring the troops home. There, problem solved.
9) I-1077 wouldve imposed an income tax on all Washington residents. Uh, no. It was a tax on couples with income over $500,000 per year and singles with income over $250,000 per year. If the state legislature had voted to extend the tax to all Washington residents, we would have repealed it via initiative. Duh. Thats how the political process works, people.
10) The Candy Tax was a tax on food. No, no, no, no, no. And I got so sick of the TV commercial with the woman who makes organic candy bars whining about paying the tax. What does she think we are? Suckers? Well, I guess the majority of us are or else we really like our suckers!